The clarifying and filtering system of our body
“You can only be as healthy as your body’s detoxification system works.”
Our lymphatic system consists of many lymphatic vessels filled with lymphatic fluid (the lymph), which permeate the entire body. They absorb all waste that is released by the body cells into the intercellular water. They also absorb bacteria, toxins, overaged cells, cell parts and even cancer cells…
(i.e. all foreign, waste and hazardous substances that would be too coarse, too unwieldy or just too toxic for the blood capillaries (finest blood vessels))
The lymphatic vessels pass the lymph nodes at certain intervals, where all the foreign, waste and hazardous substances are filtered and neutralized as best as possible.
In the lymph nodes are so-called “feeding and defense cells”, which are in action around the clock to keep the body water clear and clean if not all problem substances can be eliminated and neutralized.
Lymphatic congestion occurs when the bacterias & co get into the blood, where they can lead to creeping poisoning and slagging of the entire organism and in the long term contribute to the development of many chronic diseases.
This is how you recognize a defective lymphatic flow
- a weakened immune system
- the inability to reduce obesity
- swollen lymph nodes (in the neck / under the jaw)
- pain from the neck to the ears
- diseases of the respiratory tract:
constant flushing, mucus formation, (chronic) cold and cough,…
- cellulite, water storage
What does a lymphatic cure do?
It dissolves the lymph congestion, restores the flow of lymph, promotes the body’s detoxification and purification as well as supports the regeneration of the lymphatic system through relief.
The result is often a whole new sense of life, because finally the body water can flow freely again. Pay attention to your diet, prefere fresh and unprocessed food. Go vegan 6 days a week 🙂
The 3-day lymphatic cleansing
Developed by phytotherapist Karin Uphoff
Note: This is not a cleaning in between. It can’t be integrated into everyday working life, so should be best on a long weekend or vacation.
You can choose between two variants:
3-day lymphatic cleansing (1)
only juices & water
+ natural detox drink
3-day lymphatic cleansing (2)
juices & vegetable soups
+natural detox drink
Both variants contain the same goal:
Lots of liquid, no solid food (difficult to digest), exercise (sweating) & relaxing!
important to know before doing the cleansing
THE WEEK BEFORE the lymphatic treatment:
Eat vegan and unprocessed things as well as no gluten, no sugar and no soy products.
THE LAST TWO DAYS before the lymphatic treatment:
Eat only FRESH & RAW fruits, seeds (sunflower-, pumpkin-, linseed etc.), nuts, sprouts and vegetables.
Choose a fresh squeezed juice:
Choose a vegetable juice that you like and that will accompany you for 3-4 days in the cleansing. You should make them on your own everyday (with a juicer, otherwise a blender and then sieve).
carrot, beetroot, kale, parsley, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, apple, pears, grapes, …
My 3 favorites:
apple, carrot, lemon, ginger & turmeric (+ cinnamon) or pear
barley grass & ginger (+ spirulina)
grape & kale
Another juice that you should drink while cleaning: prune fruit juice
(from a health food store / online)
As well as the “natural detox drink” (recipe down below)
Note: All liquids consumed during cleaning should be at ROOM TEMPERATURE.
The 3-day lymphatic cleansing can be done up to 4x a year.
The lymphatic cleansing
– Version 1 –
You don’t eat ANYTHING during these 3 days –
only drinking fresh clear (spring) water (glassbottle) and your juice.
Day 1 to 3:
- In the morning after getting up: 1 glass of still water
- then 250-300 ml of plum juice, mixed with the juice of 1 lemon
- salivate each sip thoroughly before swallowing
(for a sensitive digestive system, drink only 150 ml of plum juice slowly)
- 1 h later your fresh squeezed juice (of your choice), optimally mixed with a little lemon juice and water / diluted
- 1 h later 1 glass (mineralized) water
- somewhere between the “natural detox drink” (recipe down below)
Now you change every hour between juice and water, all day long and until you drink 2 liters each.
Note: If you have heart or kidney problems, you should discuss this cleaning with your doctor before.
(the day after cleaning)
- Only eat raw fruits in the morning (apples, nectarines, berries, …)
- eat very slowly and chew carefully
- at noon, the first meal of fresh salad and vegetable juices (as desired)
- in the evening, instead of raw food you can eat a gently steamed vegetable dish
The lymphatic cleansing
– Variant 2 –
A mix of water, fresh juices & a light soup
AFTER GETTING UP:
- 1 glass of still water
- 1 whole organic lemon with the shell and a 2cm piece of ginger, fill with 250 ml of warm water, sweet with molasses or date / maple / coconut flower syrup. Drink the drink slowly and slowly
- Drink 350 ml of the desired freshly squeezed vegetable juice, fill it up with water a little bit
- 250 ml of water with the juice 1 lemon, 1 tsp cayenne pepper + a little maple syrup or similar
- plenty of still water / organic herbal tea
(nettle, dandelion, fennel, caraway, etc.) (2-3 liters per day)
- 1-3x daily the juice you chose as well as the “natural detox drink”
- Lymphatic Soup (Vital Detox Soup)
(Tip: Cook 3 times and warm up 1 serving each day)
- 1 cup of green beans, cut into pieces
- 1 cup of zucchini, diced
- fresh garlic about ¼ to ½ toe
- chopped parsley
- 1 tsp olive oil and linseed oil each
- dried or fresh herbs for seasoning
Dämpfen Sie die grünen Bohnen in ca. 200 ml Wasser oder Gemüsebrühe etwa 5 Minuten lang.”>Steam the green beans in about 200 ml of water or vegetable broth for about 5 minutes. Now add the zucchini and steam the vegetables for another 5 minutes. Puree the soup with some fresh garlic. Add chopped parsley, a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of linseed oil (to stimulate the liver-gall function) and season to taste with thyme, turmeric, basil etc.
- Drink the same juice again as in the morning
One hour before dinner:
- 250 ml of warm still water with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. maybe slightly sweet.
potato and vegetable broth
- 1 cup of potato cubes
- 1 cup of carrot pieces
- ½ cup celery cubes
- ½ cup onion cubes
- Herbs as desired, as little or no salt as possible
Geben Sie das Gemüse in ½ Liter Wasser.”>Give the vegetables in ½ liter of water. Cook the soup for an hour, bake the vegetables and drink only the broth. You can make three portions of it at once, so you are taken care of for the three days.
- slowly go back to salads, steamed vegetable dishes and meals with pseudo-cereals, etc.
The natural “detox drink”
as an adjunct to detoxification
Take the following mix 1-3x daily:
- 1 tbsp chia or linseed
- 1 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper / chilli powder
- 1 tbsp black molasses (if desired)
- Only once a day: 1 teaspoon of kelp or pulse powder
Note: Best if you are just drinking a glass of water
You can also take the individual components separately if you do not like the mixture.
If your bowel is very sluggish and no bowel movement has appeared in the course of the day – despite plum juice – drink another glass of prune juice before going to bed on the evening of the first day.
Movement is essential
… to detoxify the body and stay healthy!
The lymphatic system is kept going only by muscle and respiratory movements (as opposed to the blood circulation -> heart). If we remain inactive, the lymph falters and with it the detoxification!
Not only during the 3-day lymphatic cleansing, it is therefore essential that the lymph stays “in the flow”. Therefore, at least 1 h of exercise is recommended daily (see below). Pay attention to deep breaths so that your diaphragm raises and lowers intensively, which activates the lymphatic flow very well.
So the lymph stays active:
- deep inhale & exhale
- massages (hands, dry brush, …)
- hot baths, changing showers, sauna
- meditation, relaxation exercises
- practice yoga or stretching exercises
- walking fast or go running / jogging
- cycling, inline skating, swimming, dancing,…
check out my article here about movement if you like!
Take a hot bath!
Diseases associated with excessive mucus production may be a sign of a halting lymphatic flow, eg. Chronic coughing, constant hawking, a stuffy nose, mucus in the stool, etc. Hardly anything is able to remove excess mucus from the body as well as a hot bath.
With hot baths you can create a fever-like state that sets the lymphatic flow at full speed, drives antibody production, releases excess mucus, and excretes toxins through the skin through sweat.
Especially mild infections, which are associated with swollen lymph nodes, with colds, etc., hot baths are an excellent remedy. Although the night after the bath will be exhausting because you lose a lot of fluids and are often thirsty. But the next morning you will feel great.
Hot baths will always be done with an empty stomach, ideally before going to bed, so z. B. two to three hours after dinner. Or you let the dinner fail. Since you do not take a really extensive dinner during the lymphatic treatment, the time during the lymphatic treatment is very good for hot baths.
Optimal cleaning bath:
- hot ginger / peppermint tea (to bake before the bath)
- 1 glass of still water with freshly squeezed lemon (after the bath)
- add 1 cup of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) + 1 cup of sea salt / base bath powder
- essential oil as desired (eucalyptus or similar)
- essential thyme oil (a few drops mixed in 1 tbsp of olive or coconut oil) (for the feet afterwards)
The goal is to sweat out as much as possible and to activate the lymph. Bathe for at least 20 minutes to reach the lower lying lymphatics. Then don’t shower with cold water, even if you feel the urge to do so. Better rest (sitting / lying down), and if necessary sweat a little, drink lemon juice and, if necessary, another juice.
Rub the soles of the feet with the thyme oil mixture (activates the immune system, and then go to bed.
The next morning take a lukewarm shower and drink plenty of water. If the bath is not taken during the lymph-cleaning-treatment, you should take the following day only light food (purely vegetable, raw / steamed,…).
Master detoxification side effects
If you feel tired, flabby and unwell during lymphatic drainage, do not force yourself to do anything. Take a rest so that cleaning can be done easily. When poisons and toxins leave the body, this often manifests itself in headache, dizziness, nausea, back pain, etc. – which is quite normal and is usually over after the second day of cleansing. Now your energy level will rise again.
If you feel tired, flabby and unwell during lymphatic drainage, do not force yourself to do anything. Take a rest so that cleaning can be done easily. When poisons and toxins leave the body, this often manifests itself in headache, dizziness, nausea, back pain, etc. – which is quite normal and is usually over after the second day of cleansing. Now your energy level will rise again.Since every cleaning process is completely individual, it can happen that you do not have any negative experiences at all or that you are still stuck in the detox crisis on the third day and have complaints.
Therefore always pay attention to your body and adapt the cleaning measures to its signals. At any time, you can soften or pause your cleanse (for example, drink less and have a light meal instead) or help your excretory body take further action.
For example, you can take “bentonite” daily, which quickly binds the loosening toxins. In this way, they no longer circulate in the body, but are discharged with the chair.
An additional Magnesium can help detoxify and relieve unpleasant symptoms too.
Since detoxification releases a lot of free radicals, it is helpful to take antioxidants that neutralize free radicals and reduce oxidative stress. Strong antioxidants include Herbs in general, barley grass, (aronia) berries, curcumin, oregano, vitamin C, vitamin E, etc…
Sources: partly cited by the german Website “Zentrum der Gesundheit”